Thursday, September 9, 2010

Let's Make a Dress--Part 1!

One of many things on my long, long list of projects is a 50's style shirtdress--full skirted goodness in some sort of lightweight cobalt blue cotton.  It's hard to imagine anything heavier in this weather!

 I couldn't find the exact shade I wanted at the local fabric shops, so when I came upon a pure white crinkled cotton gauze at Jo-Ann's, I whipped out a 50% coupon (courtesy of mother-in-law) and got away with 5 yards of fabric for only $15. Ahh, so that's how coupons work! Scooped up a packet of Dylon in "Ocean Blue", which was the closest to the shade I was hoping for. Not cobalt, but still a good saturated bright blue.

Some quality time in the kitchen cooking up some delicious fabric...


While waiting for my fabric color to process, I dug up a vintage jacket I bought at Feathers last year.  I loved the fabric, but hadn't worn it much.  Hmm, was it time to give the jacket a new life?


I think yes!!

To be continued....

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love that you make you own clothes! I would love to be able to do that! I also love you bright colors.
    I will follow you!
    Jane
    http://jane-addiction-blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you, and I always make a point to read & follow back :)