Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Closet Detox!

A few other blogs I read have brought up the subject of closets...dream closets, living up to one's closet, etc.  Lately, I've been having a strong urge to dump out my entire closet and start from scratch.  Not entirely reasonable, considering that I very recently frittered away a big ol' chunk of savings on a major vacation (worth every penny!!).  Nevertheless, I need a refresher.

For starters, I've got way too much Anthropologie going on!  I love the brand's aesthetic, but it's become too easy, too convenient.  For the past year or so the Anthro pieces have multiplied like rabbits in my closet, and if I don't cut myself off now (and get rid of some of it), it's going to look eerily similar to their Sale Room. 

Taking an Anthro break:  vintage cardi, Buffalo Exchange top & jeans, Urban Outfitters flats

Next, I've been hoarding pieces that seriously need to be retired.  Recycled plastic flats from 4 years ago?  Get ready to be re-recycled!  Michael Kors platform wedges with the nonexistent soles?  Red & black elf booties?  Sadly, your time has come.

I'm toying with the idea of selling anything that is still in good condition...haven't decided yet but I'll keep you posted!

In the next few weeks, I'll be working on clearing out the Unnecessaries, and carefully rebuilding my closet with vintage and Lisa-made pieces (and if needed, the occasional piece from a non-chain boutique).  Meaningful purchases only...can I do it?  Here goes--it's time for a closet cleanse!

6 comments:

  1. awww I can relate! I'm planning to do the exact same thing. It's so hard to choose which ones need to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give your less-creative friends a chance to rummage through your throw-aways before you get rid of them! I might be too big, but I know some other gals would jump at L-approved goodies...even if they have to buy them! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally inlove with your header, and the sweater is pretty cool too. Thanks for sharing the photos and drop by me too when you have time.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks simple but cute :D
    I always do that too and honestly, I still use my mum's 80's dresses. resourceful :D

    tootsiejean.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am planning a spring cleaning for my wardrobe as well. Keeping all or most of vintage and thrifted clothes and I am planning to start sewing my own clothes. Will see what I will do with the non-vintage and thrifted clothes - to keep, to sell or to donate.

    Cheers,
    Kaelyn
    http://colourfulbuttons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you, and I always make a point to read & follow back :)