Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Instant Gratification

I snagged this skirt at Buffalo Exchange a while ago.  I love the fluffiness and the neutral ombre-ish silk, but I broke one of my own shopping rules: Never buy something that doesn't fit perfectly.  Oops.

Umm...?  Time for a quick & dirty alteration!

Before: Ginormous--this would barely sit around my hips if I didn't take in the waist!  I think I'll be taking in about 7 inches.  With a pinch here, & a pinch there...



Sew the waistband closed at each pinch...


And voila...


Button-up, Target via Buffalo Exchange
Belt, H&M via clothes swap
Skirt, Buffalo Exchange
Flats, Urban Outfitters

And Lola, our giant Lab!

Would a professional take in the waistband this way?  Absolutely not.  But this took me less than 15 minutes to get from "What was I thinking??" to Totally Wearable.  Works for me!

2 comments:

  1. This look is really cute. i love the colors together and the patterns. Great job on the sewing, this skirt is super cute.

    thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, good thing the skirt is pleated...you definitely did a great job altering it! love the color + print combo you did with the top and skirt too...

    ♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you, and I always make a point to read & follow back :)