Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mismatched

Top- Anthropologie (oooo on sale!)
Skirt- Feathers
Necklace- Therapy
Bullet cuff- East End Art Gallery
Shoes- Sofft (I know...totally grandma)

After seeing Coco Avant Chanel not too long ago, I've been seeing some version of her marinière striped top everywhere I look.  It's a bit preppier than I normally go, so I paired it with this vintage wrap skirt I found last summer. 

When I was 11 years old my family moved to the Philippines and lived in Cagayan for almost a year.  I had a skirt very similar to this that I think we found at a little gift shop.  I have a lot of fond memories of that time and I always think of those days when I wear this...riding horses on my uncle's farm, rollerskating in Cagayan, and of course the homemade paper dolls!

My cousin Gigie and I made little paper dolls from cardstock and then would find inspiration from magazines, cartoons, and strangely enough, an episode or two of "Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous"...what??  --and then put together little paper outfits.


It's funny how much more fun life can be when your resources are limited, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you, and I always make a point to read & follow back :)